Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_2_] Steve Barker[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring question

bob haller wrote:
On Mar 23, 8:34�am, Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:02:40 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:
Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?
I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.
I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.
Who would I call to do this? About how much?
Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Our neighborhood kids were waiting until 11 PM to ring doorbells, just
after I would fall asleep. �I installed motion floodlights, and they
went elsewhere.

2 brothers did this many years ago, the smallest one perhaps 4 years
old.

one day i stumbled onto a old rubber halloween mask.

I waited while the older one pushed his brother to knock.

I ran out and scared the living crap out of him, chased him the 2
doors to his home where his dad came out and asked whats up.

the father asked you been knick knocking? yeah said the kid. go in
the house now. dad apologized.

many years later they were moving the kids asked if i remembered that
day?

yeah so do we dad gave us a terrible spanking.

the youngest was about to get married, they turned out very nice

yes, they turned out nice because they were spanked and disiplined in an
effective manner. Unlike these heathen kids today whose parents think
they can do no wrong.