Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fireplace Glass Door Screens

I am looking for a Glass Door Fire Screen (need to keep room heat from
going up the chimney when fireplace is not used and when embers are
going out at night). I found Pleasant Hearth Products at Menards and
Lowes. They look well made.

Question: Has anyone had any problems with this supplier's products?
Glass breakage, hinges breaking, etc.

I am undecided as to the model (fold doors vs cabinet style doors). I
am leaning towards cabinet style - less potential problems, however,
they extend out into the room quite a bit more when opened for burning.
Any comments on this are welcome.

Geneo
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 9:24*pm, Gene West wrote:
I am looking for a Glass Door Fire Screen (need to keep room heat from
going up the chimney when fireplace is not used and when embers are
going out at night). *I found Pleasant Hearth Products at Menards and
Lowes. They look well made.

Question: *Has anyone had any problems with this supplier's products?
Glass breakage, hinges breaking, etc.

I am undecided as to the model *(fold doors vs cabinet style doors). *I
am leaning towards cabinet style - less potential problems, however,
they extend out into the room quite a bit more when opened for burning.
* Any comments on this are welcome.

Geneo

No doors I have seen stop drafts unless they are near 1000, and I
looked, that is the dampers job. I settled on a closing chimney top
cap and foamboard with magnetic tape and L channel I screwed into the
fireplace opening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you have a prefab fireplace, make sure you purchase doors approved for
that model. On masonry, this is not an issue.

John Galbreath Jr.
www.FireLogs.com

"Gene West" wrote in message
I am looking for a Glass Door Fire Screen (need to keep room heat from
going up the chimney when fireplace is not used and when embers are going
out at night). I found Pleasant Hearth Products at Menards and Lowes. They
look well made.

Question: Has anyone had any problems with this supplier's products?
Glass breakage, hinges breaking, etc.

I am undecided as to the model (fold doors vs cabinet style doors). I am
leaning towards cabinet style - less potential problems, however, they
extend out into the room quite a bit more when opened for burning. Any
comments on this are welcome.

Geneo

Replacing glass in sliding glass door Godfrey Muganda Home Repair 16 July 26th 16 06:44 PM
Why did my fireplace door glass shatter hr(bob) [email protected] Home Repair 24 January 4th 09 10:37 PM
fireplace door glass cj Home Repair 17 February 17th 07 10:01 PM
Would temporarily replacing inner screens with sheets of plex-glass save heating costs? jymusic Home Repair 9 October 13th 05 07:24 PM
Glass for fireplace Stephen Gower UK diy 2 June 30th 04 03:57 PM