Posted to alt.home.repair
John Galbreath Jr.[_2_] John Galbreath Jr.[_2_] is offline

Default Fireplace Glass Door Screens

If you have a prefab fireplace, make sure you purchase doors approved for
that model. On masonry, this is not an issue.

John Galbreath Jr.
www.FireLogs.com

"Gene West" wrote in message
I am looking for a Glass Door Fire Screen (need to keep room heat from
going up the chimney when fireplace is not used and when embers are going
out at night). I found Pleasant Hearth Products at Menards and Lowes. They
look well made.

Question: Has anyone had any problems with this supplier's products?
Glass breakage, hinges breaking, etc.

I am undecided as to the model (fold doors vs cabinet style doors). I am
leaning towards cabinet style - less potential problems, however, they
extend out into the room quite a bit more when opened for burning. Any
comments on this are welcome.

Geneo