Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Dremel

Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating
tool...similar to the Fein? Any feedback
Thanks
Terry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Cano wrote:
Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating
tool...similar to the Fein? Any feedback
Thanks
Terry

Dremel is not the only one making a clone of the Fein now that Fein's patent
has expired.

I got this one from Harbor Freight on Black Friday:

It's not the miracle machine that Fein's TV infomercial says the concept is,
but it does work.

The tool's claim to fame is it's oscillating blade. That said, I don't see
how the quality or reputation of the tool maker can much influence the worth
of the tool. All it does is shake the bit (blade?) back and forth (Duh!).

If you can be pleased with about 70% of the claims made on the Fein TV show,
go for the Dremel, the Harbor Freight model, or one of the other clones.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 22, 1:18*am, "Terry Cano" wrote:
Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating
tool...similar to the Fein? *Any feedback
Thanks
Terry

Best of the Fein clones on the market now may be the cordless Li Ion
Bosch unit. Given the more industrial pro orientation of the Bosch
tool, it will likely be my choice if one is needed for the household
tool box.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

I got this one from Harbor Freight on Black Friday:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=65700

It's not the miracle machine that Fein's TV infomercial says the concept is,
but it does work.

The tool's claim to fame is it's oscillating blade. That said, I don't see
how the quality or reputation of the tool maker can much influence the worth
of the tool. All it does is shake the bit (blade?) back and forth (Duh!).

Right. And the only thing a car's engine does is apply power to the
transmission which then turns the wheels. That said, I don't see how
the quality or reputation of the car maker can much influence the
worth of the car.

I hope you weren't serious.

If you can be pleased with about 70% of the claims made on the Fein TV show,
go for the Dremel, the Harbor Freight model, or one of the other clones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:55 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Terry Cano wrote:
[...]

I'm not.

I think Serious was one of the dwarves that lived with Cinderella. I'm
HeyBub.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:55 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Terry Cano wrote:
[...]

I bought the Fein machine and so far it has performed as seen on TV. I have used
it for cutting wood, metal, tile and also for sanding. The blades are expensive
but last a long time unless you try to cut steel with the wood blade. Lesson
learned! Chuck B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:36:41 GMT, Chuck wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:55 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Terry Cano wrote:
[...]

But can you hammer with it? Rockwell (multi tool) SoniCrafter vs.
Nails....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7ZJx0e1ag
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

I bought the Fein machine and so far it has performed as seen on TV.
I have used it for cutting wood, metal, tile and also for sanding.
The blades are expensive but last a long time unless you try to cut
steel with the wood blade. Lesson learned! Chuck B.

But can you hammer with it? Rockwell (multi tool) SoniCrafter vs.
Nails....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7ZJx0e1ag

The SoniCrafter costs about $180.00.

I bought the Harbor Freight Fein clone for $39.99 a couple of weeks ago.
After watching the Rockwell advert, I went back to Harbor Freight and bought
a hammer ($2.99).

I figure I'm about $137.00 ahead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Joe wrote:
On Dec 22, 1:18*am, "Terry Cano" wrote:
Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating
tool...similar to the Fein? *Any feedback
Thanks
Terry

Best of the Fein clones on the market now may be the cordless Li Ion
Bosch unit. Given the more industrial pro orientation of the Bosch
tool, it will likely be my choice if one is needed for the household
tool box.

Joe

Please, just what *is* a Fein tool? And how differs from
a normal, old dremel?

Thanks,

David

Not one for the Dremel Andy Hall UK diy 17 December 7th 07 05:44 PM
Dremel CNC? Swingman Woodworking 4 July 8th 06 05:26 PM
DIY Dremel Harry Bloomfield UK diy 0 February 27th 06 06:42 PM
Dremel TV ad.. I don't get it.. Doug Warner Home Repair 18 December 21st 05 09:11 PM
Dremel SteveB Metalworking 24 December 7th 04 01:11 AM