Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dremel CNC?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/29/h...achine-part-1/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/04/h...achine-part-2/

Eat your heart out, Morris!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman (in ) said:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/29/h...-cnc-machine-p
art-1/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/04/h...-cnc-machine-p
art-2/

| Eat your heart out, Morris!

It looks like a good learning project. I lean toward beefier machines
with more spindle power - but this is a good confidence-building
exercise...

Why don't you build one?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Why don't you build one?

Wish I had the time, and I don't know how much use I would get out of a
dremel cnc, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

I am going to follow the segments in any event, just in case ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/29/h...achine-part-1/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/04/h...achine-part-2/

Eat your heart out, Morris!

I built one in 1995 for my college senior project. Used an old IBM XT
system board that I bought for $1, stepper motors from dot matrix printers,
threaded rod like that one and some drawer rail bearings I found surplus.
Had to put my code in via a 5&1/4" floppy but it worked.