Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Default New Dremel

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:55 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Terry Cano wrote:
Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating
tool...similar to the Fein? Any feedback
Thanks
Terry

Dremel is not the only one making a clone of the Fein now that Fein's patent
has expired.

I got this one from Harbor Freight on Black Friday:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=65700

It's not the miracle machine that Fein's TV infomercial says the concept is,
but it does work.

The tool's claim to fame is it's oscillating blade. That said, I don't see
how the quality or reputation of the tool maker can much influence the worth
of the tool. All it does is shake the bit (blade?) back and forth (Duh!).

Right. And the only thing a car's engine does is apply power to the
transmission which then turns the wheels. That said, I don't see how
the quality or reputation of the car maker can much influence the
worth of the car.

I hope you weren't serious.

If you can be pleased with about 70% of the claims made on the Fein TV show,
go for the Dremel, the Harbor Freight model, or one of the other clones.

I bought the Fein machine and so far it has performed as seen on TV. I have used
it for cutting wood, metal, tile and also for sanding. The blades are expensive
but last a long time unless you try to cut steel with the wood blade. Lesson
learned! Chuck B.