Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Not one for the Dremel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

.... A new Multimaster application

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are they going to charge the guy for the blade cost? Likely to be
disposed of as a biological hazard now, despite the thin metal foil
used to prevent contact...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message 47588e65@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

those crazy northerners, eh ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Woland" wrote in message
Are they going to charge the guy for the blade cost? Likely to be
disposed of as a biological hazard now, despite the thin metal foil
used to prevent contact...

Actually since things can get pretty warm at Dremel or even Multimaster
cutting speeds a bit of card or plastic might have been better than metal
foil, unless they also flooded with coolant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

Nah. Bosch PMF 180. NHS aren't made of money.

:-)

Actually both the Fein & the Bosch are very similar to the machines used to
remove plaster casts. The oscillating action only works on hard surfaces.
On soft surfaces like skin they dont cut, they simply move the skin from
side to side.

As I accidentally confirmed today when the tile cutting blade on my Bosch
contacted my hand. No damage at all.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHM5BXt63gM

--
Graham

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message 47588e65@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

"Excuse me sire, are you jewish?"

"no"

"you are now"

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
"Woland" wrote in message
Are they going to charge the guy for the blade cost? Likely to be
disposed of as a biological hazard now, despite the thin metal foil
used to prevent contact...

Actually since things can get pretty warm at Dremel or even Multimaster
cutting speeds a bit of card or plastic might have been better than metal
foil, unless they also flooded with coolant.

Or wanted him to get the message not to try it again ;-)

(still, melting knob can't smell good!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

Nah. Bosch PMF 180. NHS aren't made of money.

:-)

Actually both the Fein & the Bosch are very similar to the machines used to
remove plaster casts. The oscillating action only works on hard surfaces.
On soft surfaces like skin they dont cut, they simply move the skin from
side to side.

Similar mechanisms are used for bone saws.. e.g. when bisecting a
sternum to get into the chest cavity. Less chance of chopping through
something important when the heart or surrounding membrane gets stuck to
the back of the breast bone, which is quite common if previous surgery
has taken place apparently.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message 47588e65@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

"Excuse me sire, are you jewish?"

"no"

"you are now"

And what do the firemen get paid for jobs like that?

£25/hour plus tips ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:20:50 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

geoff wrote:
In message 47588e65@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

"Excuse me sire, are you jewish?"

"no"

"you are now"

And what do the firemen get paid for jobs like that?

£25/hour plus tips ;-)

I understand they get a stiff bonus...

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

geoff wrote:
In message 47588e65@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

"Excuse me sire, are you jewish?"

"no"

"you are now"

And what do the firemen get paid for jobs like that?

£25/hour plus tips ;-)

I understand they get a stiff bonus...

And the difference between that and a willy is you can always get the
wife to blow your bonus.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

It's not that uncommon - A&E Depts carry the equipment to sort most
instances without having to resort to the Fire Brigade: presumably in
this case the material wouldn't succumb to normal methods.

The usual problem is that the hapless punters are understandably so
embarrassed by their plight that that they wait until the last possible
moment before presenting themselves to the medics. When SWMBO worked in
A&E she had to look after a young lad in his teens who was similarly
afflicated, where sadly amputation was the only option.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:06:00 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

... A new Multimaster application

Nah - an angle grinder.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:43:36 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Bosch PMF 180.

Not come across these before. Looks as if they might cut copper pipes in
confined spaces where you can't get a pipeslice, hacksaw, jigsaw etc: have
you tried it for this?

--
John Stumbles

Women always generalise

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:43:36 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Bosch PMF 180.

Not come across these before. Looks as if they might cut copper pipes
in confined spaces where you can't get a pipeslice, hacksaw, jigsaw
etc: have you tried it for this?

Yes and it works an absolute treat as long as you can stop the pipe from
moving. If the pipe isn't held rigidly the blade will just move it from
side to side.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-12-07 07:46:21 +0000, Lobster said:

Andy Hall wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7131532.stm

It's not that uncommon - A&E Depts carry the equipment to sort most
instances without having to resort to the Fire Brigade: presumably in
this case the material wouldn't succumb to normal methods.

The usual problem is that the hapless punters are understandably so
embarrassed by their plight that that they wait until the last possible
moment before presenting themselves to the medics. When SWMBO worked
in A&E she had to look after a young lad in his teens who was similarly
afflicated, where sadly amputation was the only option.

David

I had visions here of them using plumbing tools such as an olive puller
and a can of freezer spray.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:45:59 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

I had visions here of them using plumbing tools such as an olive puller
and a can of freezer spray.

Any decent jeweller will have a ring cutter. ;-)

DG

Dremel CNC? Swingman Woodworking 4 July 8th 06 05:26 PM
DIY Dremel Dave Baker UK diy 1 February 27th 06 06:08 PM
DIY Dremel The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 February 27th 06 05:24 PM
Dremel TV ad.. I don't get it.. Doug Warner Home Repair 18 December 21st 05 09:11 PM
Dremel SteveB Metalworking 24 December 7th 04 01:11 AM