Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tx sprinkler system

A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily
because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trailer" wrote in message
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily
because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

Lawn sprinklers or fire sprinklers? Some areas of the country are
considering requiring new homes to have fire protection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"trailer" wrote in message
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily
because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

Lawn sprinklers or fire sprinklers? Some areas of the country are
considering requiring new homes to have fire protection.

Some already do; I believe Montgomery County, MD is one of them and
several in VA will follow soon.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:34:16 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"trailer" wrote in message
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily
because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

Lawn sprinklers or fire sprinklers? Some areas of the country are
considering requiring new homes to have fire protection.

Some already do; I believe Montgomery County, MD is one of them and
several in VA will follow soon.

nate

Hendserson, NV requires new construction to have fire sprinklers when
the home is a certain square footage. I'm not certain of the sq ft
number.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily
because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the
system engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay
a lot more ($400-800 average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and
to save water ;-)

-- larry / dallas

Posted to alt.home.repair

"larry" wrote in message
trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1,
primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the system
engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay a lot more ($400-800
average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and to save water ;-)

-- larry / dallas

Nice way of telling you that you should not have a sprinkler? IMO, I'd
rather have sand and cactus if I was in TX. I never water my lawn here no
matter how hot and dry it gets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"larry" wrote in message
trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1,
primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the system
engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay a lot more ($400-800
average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and to save water ;-)

-- larry / dallas

Nice way of telling you that you should not have a sprinkler? IMO, I'd
rather have sand and cactus if I was in TX. I never water my lawn here no
matter how hot and dry it gets.

Unfortunately, everyone things TX is all sand and cactus. The reality is
that is really only West Texas, and there is plenty of green and trees
in most of the rest of Texas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"larry" wrote in message
trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1,
primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the system
engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay a lot more
($400-800 average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and to save water ;-)

-- larry / dallas

Nice way of telling you that you should not have a sprinkler? IMO,
I'd rather have sand and cactus if I was in TX. I never water my
lawn here no matter how hot and dry it gets.

I see you're in New Haven, CT (where the average rainfall is 52 inches). The
average precipitation in Houston is 54 inches. I wish I lived in a semi-arid
area like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"larry" wrote in message
trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1,
primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the system
engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay a lot more
($400-800 average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and to save water ;-)

-- larry / dallas

Nice way of telling you that you should not have a sprinkler? IMO,
I'd rather have sand and cactus if I was in TX. I never water my
lawn here no matter how hot and dry it gets.

I see you're in New Haven, CT (where the average rainfall is 52 inches). The
average precipitation in Houston is 54 inches. I wish I lived in a semi-arid
area like you.

Actually SBC/SNET is in New Haven, CT. I believe Ed is more towards
Vernon, CT, not that it makes much difference climate wise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"larry" wrote in message
trailer wrote:
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler
systems
in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1,
primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal regs?

Anyone have info about this?

It's actually lawn sprinkler systems. You have to have the
system engineered with drawings by a professional. Just pay
a lot more ($400-800 average) for paper shuffling. Oh, and
to save water ;-)

It's actually for residential fire-suppression in all single and two-family
new construction. And it's not just Texas - the new regulation is part of
the International Residential Code and applies to all jurisdictions that
subscribe to the code. (Texas is one such jurisdiction. Your neighborhood,
city, state, or country may be another.) The new rules take effect in 2011.

http://www.ircfiresprinkler.org/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I see you're in New Haven, CT (where the average rainfall is 52 inches).
The average precipitation in Houston is 54 inches. I wish I lived in a
semi-arid area like you.

Actually Putnam, about 90 miles from NH, but a few degrees cooler than the
coast. We're in the cheap corner of the state.

My daughter lives in Las Vegas. Idiots from the east move there and plant
green lawns just like here. Now they wonder why it is getting humid and the
water table is dropping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:13:35 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

My daughter lives in Las Vegas. Idiots from the east move there and plant
green lawns just like here. Now they wonder why it is getting humid and the
water table is dropping.

Have her visit snwa.com. They paid me to remove my grass lawn (2/3 of
lawn as I saved some turf - for the pets). After removal and a new
Xeriscaping. The Las Vegas valley has doubled in population since I
came here. Reports recently say we use less water now. My water table
must be 385' in the elevation of 2500' (?).

Given the big picture of Lake Mead - things aren't bad, at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Have her visit snwa.com. They paid me to remove my grass lawn (2/3 of
lawn as I saved some turf - for the pets).

She only has a little lawn in the back but maybe it is time to be rid of
that too.

Given the big picture of Lake Mead - things aren't bad, at all.

It has been worse.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2008/mar/12/3357/

Last couple of times I was out to the Dam it was the lowest I've ever seen
it, but the first time I went it was near the highest.