Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire Dishwashers

Anyone work on these in any capacity? One came with a new home I
purchased in 06. And it leaked almost from new except I didn't know it
as it was a small 8 oz. a cyle leak.

When I finally got around to looking at it I found one of the nuts that
holds the heating element in place from the bottom was not holding
properly. I say 'holding'
because these are only hand tightened nuts, a real PITA.

If you try to put any kind of tool on 'em they just drop back off. One
of them holds fast and keeps the water from leaking with just a hand
twist. But the other one doesn't, no matter what you do.

Any recall on these or anything or maybe an informal 'jacked up' fix? I
talked frigidaire into honoring the warranty even though I just discoved
the leak. I only inhabit this house half the year.

I'm afraid the guys going to come here and 'fix' it and I'll have the
same problem in 4 weeks. They really are flimsy. You'd think something
that is so vital to keeping water from leaking would be sealed
tight..?? It's almost as if the vibration of the machine is more than
enough to unseat them..

TIA

Dishwashers Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 1 February 13th 08 05:44 PM
When dishwashers go bad aboleth UK diy 12 March 19th 07 04:29 PM
Dishwashers Ron Kerr UK diy 15 April 11th 04 02:05 PM
dishwashers in2minds UK diy 5 October 13th 03 11:19 PM
DISHWASHERS kram UK diy 4 August 27th 03 03:16 PM