Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOT MOP? urgent

Hi, I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, only the rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Thanks,

Ruben

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RubenD" wrote in message
Hi, I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower otherwise
it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, only the rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

I believe "hot mop" is a different process. I recommend significant research on
mud-set shower pan constrruction before starting.

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php
http://www.johnbridge.com/shower_curbs.htm
http://www.johnbridge.com/shower_curbs2.htm
http://www.johnbridge.com/toc.htm
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...do-it-yourself

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RubenD" wrote in message
Hi, I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell
at home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, only the
rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I have seen a hot mop job done on a few poured concrete shower pans and
tubs. A hot mop is hot liquid tar that is literally mopped onto the floor,
walls, or roof that you want sealed. It does a very good job of sealing,
but if you have a wood floor base I don't think that you need a bucket of
hot stinky tar being dragged into your house.

If you want or need a hot mop job call a roofing contractor as they have the
necessary equipment and experience.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 11:06*am, "RubenD" wrote:
Hi, *I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, *only the rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, *how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Thanks,

Ruben

Have you ever seen Hot Mop in progress on a roofing job, its is a tar
cooker on a trailer cooking at maybe 200-300f stinking up the
neighborhood with molten tar smell, the tar comes in big solid 50 lb
blocks and is cooked to liqued.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 1:56*pm, ransley wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:06*am, "RubenD" wrote:

Hi, *I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, *only the rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, *how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Thanks,

Ruben

Hot mop is very popular in California. It is a time tested and proven
method. When installed correctly you can easily get 50 years of life
out of your shower. You can check out my website for further info on
its process. http://www.ojedashowerpans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually I did, can you tell how much do you aproximately charge for that?

Also, you wouldn't reccomend the rubber roll at all?

Just trying to get a professional opinion.

Thanks,

Ruben

wrote in message
On Jul 27, 1:56 pm, ransley wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:06 am, "RubenD" wrote:

Hi, I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell

at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, only the

rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Thanks,

Ruben

Hot mop is very popular in California. It is a time tested and proven
method. When installed correctly you can easily get 50 years of life
out of your shower. You can check out my website for further info on
its process. http://www.ojedashowerpans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 12:06*pm, "RubenD" wrote:
Hi, *I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, *only the rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, *how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Hot mop is old school. It works, but anyone telling you have to have
it or you will have a leak is either selling you something or
misinformed.

There are several ways to provide a totally waterproof shower that
don't require hot mop.

http://kitchen-remodeling-pictures.c...shower-pan.htm
Read the last line.

There are alternatives.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 8:55*pm, "kzin" wrote:
On 27-Jul-2008, RicodJour wrote:

There are several ways to provide a totally waterproof shower that
don't require hot mop.

http://kitchen-remodeling-pictures.c.../bathroom-show...
Read the last line.

There are alternatives.

http://www.schluter.com/143.aspx

Exactly. And there are others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RubenD" wrote in message

Hi, *I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell

at
home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, *only the

rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, *how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I'm in orange county, CA.

Thanks,

Ruben- Hide quoted text -

The difference between the liner is that when you put the liner in it
is loose and your corner usually end up too thick for cement board or
hardi-backer, If you lathe and scratch your shower you would probably
be fine. The mythe that hot mop is messy is a false one. Hire a
professional and your hands stay clean! The smoke is usually vented
through the nearest window with a high powered fan. In any case just
make sure you slope your shower with mortar before installing a
liner...and always water test!! Good luck!

urgent- need help [email protected] Home Repair 13 June 8th 07 10:48 PM
Urgent ...need help [email protected] Home Ownership 1 June 7th 07 06:54 PM
urgent pls help [email protected] Home Ownership 8 July 26th 05 01:38 AM
URGENT....PLEASE R S Woodturning 0 June 26th 04 09:34 PM
URGENT>>PLEASE!! R S Electronics Repair 0 June 24th 04 06:51 PM