Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOT MOP? urgent

"RubenD" wrote in message
Hi, I'm adding a shower and was goint to use the rolled rubber they sell
at home depot, but someone mention I need a HOT MOP to seal the shower
otherwise it would leak.

I called a plumber and he said he never used the hot mop, only the
rubber.

Do I need or not the HOT MOP and if I do, how much does it cost to get
someone to pour it.

I have seen a hot mop job done on a few poured concrete shower pans and
tubs. A hot mop is hot liquid tar that is literally mopped onto the floor,
walls, or roof that you want sealed. It does a very good job of sealing,
but if you have a wood floor base I don't think that you need a bucket of
hot stinky tar being dragged into your house.

If you want or need a hot mop job call a roofing contractor as they have the
necessary equipment and experience.