Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Urgent ...need help

Urgent ...need help

We have a Stainless steel GE Monogram Builtin Dishwasher ZBD5900
We live in the SF bay area, california.

We have a external home applinace warranty.

Our dishwasher needs repair.
The warranty company says it is not worth repairing
so they want to replace it.

I have no experience with dishwashers.

Can anyone suggest a comparable dishwasher ?
What brands ? What model ?
What one MUST have in terms of features ? What one should avoid ?

The one we have has a light inside the dishwasher. It comes on when
one opens
the door. It makes seeing things far back in the corner etc.

I have not seen this feature in the new models in leading brands
like Jenn Air etc

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ava

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...
Urgent ...need help

We have a Stainless steel GE Monogram Builtin Dishwasher ZBD5900
We live in the SF bay area, california.

We have a external home applinace warranty.

Our dishwasher needs repair.
The warranty company says it is not worth repairing
so they want to replace it.

I have no experience with dishwashers.

Can anyone suggest a comparable dishwasher ?

I think your insurer will give you a choice of a couple of models that they
will pay for. I doubt you will get to pick from the whole World Of
Appliances. In my experience, you'll be offered a builder's standard
model, which will be a perfectly adequate one, with few bells or whistles.
Which is actually a pretty good deal, considering that there really aren't
that many bells and whistles that go with dishwashers.

What brands ? What model ?

A better question would be to call your insurer, find out what they're going
to offer you, and then posting those options for evaluation. I love our
Bosch stainless-steel silent dishwasher that also sterilizes if we select
that option, but that is useless info for you, if you will be choosing
between, say, a kitchenaid and an amana.

What one MUST have in terms of features ? What one should avoid ?

Ummm... dishwashers are pretty basic. Quiet is good, but even the basic
ones now are quiet. Roomy inside is good, but that's going to depend on
how big a space you have to fill in your kitchen, and more than that, which
options you're oging to be offered by your insurer.

The one we have has a light inside the dishwasher. It comes on when
one opens
the door. It makes seeing things far back in the corner etc.

I have not seen this feature in the new models in leading brands
like Jenn Air etc

I've never seen that option before, but since it's one you like, and it's
rare, that will make choosing among your options much easier. Take the one
with the light.

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

I hope that handwashing dishes for three weeks is the most urgent problem
you ever have in your house.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Find out what your options are, from your insurer, and we might be able to
help you pick from them.

Donna

urgent- need help [email protected] Home Repair 13 June 8th 07 10:48 PM
Urgent ..Please help... [email protected] Home Repair 16 September 22nd 05 07:40 PM
Urgent ..Please help... [email protected] Home Ownership 3 September 18th 05 04:30 AM
URGENT....PLEASE R S Woodturning 0 June 26th 04 09:34 PM
URGENT>>PLEASE!! R S Electronics Repair 0 June 24th 04 06:51 PM