Posted to alt.home.repair

Default urgent- need help

We have a Stainless steel GE Monogram Builtin Dishwasher ZBD5900
We live in the SF bay area, california.

We have a external home applinace warranty.

Our dishwasher needs repair.
The warranty company says it is not worth repairing
so they want to replace it.

I have no experience with dishwashers.

Can anyone suggest a comparable dishwasher ?
What brands ? What model ?
What one MUST have in terms of features ? What one should avoid ?

The one we have has a light inside the dishwasher. It comes on when
one opens
the door. It makes seeing things far back in the corner etc.

I have not seen this feature in the new models in leading brands
like Jenn Air etc

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ava

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:54:24 -0700, runsrealfast
wrote:

On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

I don't have one now. I actually like washing dishes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

I don't have one now. I actually like washing dishes.

Come over to my house, any time you like!

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
We have a Stainless steel GE Monogram Builtin Dishwasher ZBD5900
We live in the SF bay area, california.

We have a external home applinace warranty.

Our dishwasher needs repair.
The warranty company says it is not worth repairing
so they want to replace it.

I have no experience with dishwashers.

Can anyone suggest a comparable dishwasher ?
What brands ? What model ?
What one MUST have in terms of features ? What one should avoid ?

The one we have has a light inside the dishwasher. It comes on when
one opens
the door. It makes seeing things far back in the corner etc.

I have not seen this feature in the new models in leading brands
like Jenn Air etc

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Reminds me of an old Joan Rivers line -- "I don't do dishes--you do them
all and a month later they're all just dirty again!"

I don't have current recommendation. Our GE is 20+ yr old and still
works reasonably well so not been in the market for ages. If you've
been pleased w/ what you have, I'd guess looking at that brand's current
models of similar quality level would be a starting point.

I don't normally recommend them much, but seems like I heard a plug from
CR that they had just done a new test. You might look at their ratings
on cleaning ability, etc. I do know they have claimed in the past that
some of the costlier, considered high-end units haven't performed as
well as some of the less expensive. What that says for longevity, etc.,
is of course, yet another question.

I guess a question might be of the warranty company -- what do they work
on most as things one might want to avoid.

As for things to look for, I'd think the light a pretty minimal amenity
unless vision is a real problem for you--the dishwasher just isn't big
enough to make additional light for loading/unloading an issue in my mind.

I'd be looking for things like stainless for corrosion resistance, rack
arrangement and size, etc., ... Oh, one other thing--the only real
complaint I have over the GE is it is noisy so if choosing a new one I'd
make that at least a consideration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dont buy a bosch they break way too much.

I never knew of a dishwasher with a internal light.

if we evcer re do our kitchen its getting TWO dishwashers, one for
storing clean dishes alternating with dirty ones

I know it sounds wierd but its my idea and thenn I saw it mentioned on
tv.........

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/7/2007 11:54 AM runsrealfast said the following:
On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

You either have to have no dishwasher or two dishwashers. One will not do.
One dishwasher for the clean dishes you washed and haven't put away yet,
and another dishwasher to put the newly dirtied dishes in.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

You either have to have no dishwasher or two dishwashers. One will not do.
One dishwasher for the clean dishes you washed and haven't put away yet,
and another dishwasher to put the newly dirtied dishes in.

Currently my wife has two dishwashers. One she has to push buttons on
the other has voice recognition. Bet you can guess which one she uses.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

You either have to have no dishwasher or two dishwashers. One will not do.
One dishwasher for the clean dishes you washed and haven't put away yet,
and another dishwasher to put the newly dirtied dishes in.

Currently my wife has two dishwashers. One she has to push buttons on
the other has voice recognition. Bet you can guess which one she uses.

Sounds to me like she used the one she pushed the buttons on ... if
you know what I mean.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

On Jun 7, 9:34 am, wrote:

It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost
3 weeks now.

Gee aren't we spoiled. My wife and I didn't have a dishwasher for the
first 3 years of our marriage. Heck she didn't have one growing up
either.

You either have to have no dishwasher or two dishwashers. One will not do.
One dishwasher for the clean dishes you washed and haven't put away yet,
and another dishwasher to put the newly dirtied dishes in.

Currently my wife has two dishwashers. One she has to push buttons on
the other has voice recognition. Bet you can guess which one she uses.

Are you the one with the buttons?

urgent help required [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 25th 06 03:14 AM
Urgent ..Please help... [email protected] Home Repair 16 September 22nd 05 08:40 PM
Urgent ..Please help... [email protected] Home Ownership 3 September 18th 05 05:30 AM
URGENT....PLEASE R S Woodturning 0 June 26th 04 10:34 PM
URGENT>>PLEASE!! R S Electronics Repair 0 June 24th 04 07:51 PM