Old June 20th 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dehumidifier Compressor Turns On, but Coils Don't Get Cold Enough

So the coils don't form condensate and no moisture is extracted.
I'd guess two possibilities: The refrigerant is low, or the compressor
isn't working properly (though it does turn on and
has the characteristic mild buzz.)
I have two units that are like this, and neither is very old.
What could be wrong, and would it be economically sensible
to try to get them fixed?
Help much appreciated!
Frank

Old June 20th 08, 04:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 19, 8:58*pm, frank1492 wrote:
So the coils don't form condensate and no moisture is extracted.
I'd guess two possibilities: The refrigerant is low, or the compressor
isn't working properly (though it does turn on and
has the characteristic mild buzz.)
* * *I have two units that are like this, and neither is very old.
* * What could be wrong, and would it be economically sensible
to try to get them fixed?
* * Help much appreciated!
* * * * *Frank

I thought the coils got hot as dehumidifiers heat up rooms, and no ice
should form unless its cold, under maybe 68, or low on freon. Could a
drip hose be clogged with mold.
Old June 20th 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

From what you're writing, it could be any of a bunch of problems. I've
serviced dehum, though they aren't all that expensive. Maybe a small town
refrigerator repair place can have a look at them for you?

Make some phone calls, you may be fortunate, and find a place that does
dehum repair.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus