Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dehumidifier Compressor Turns On, but Coils Don't Get Cold Enough

On Jun 19, 8:58*pm, frank1492 wrote:
So the coils don't form condensate and no moisture is extracted.
I'd guess two possibilities: The refrigerant is low, or the compressor
isn't working properly (though it does turn on and
has the characteristic mild buzz.)
* * *I have two units that are like this, and neither is very old.
* * What could be wrong, and would it be economically sensible
to try to get them fixed?
* * Help much appreciated!
* * * * *Frank

I thought the coils got hot as dehumidifiers heat up rooms, and no ice
should form unless its cold, under maybe 68, or low on freon. Could a
drip hose be clogged with mold.