Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Curtis Mathes TV CM27001S turns on, then turns off

Hi,

Note: I do not have S.M. and TV made by Samsung.

Here is more information that should narrow the problem down
to a specific area. Note: Regulated B+ is 130V (measured).

I unplugged the CRT pcb and the TV stays on. I plugged
it back onto the CRT and turn "screen" (FBT) to minimum. I turn on the
TV and it says on, but when I turn up the "screen" slowly, just as the picture
begins to show, TV turns off. Note: I tested the CRT and it is AOK.
Also note: If C508 (screen grid circuit) was shorting, it would also short
with CRT board unplugged.

Thanks in advance, Brad

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:05:21 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have a Curtis Mathes TV model CM27001S (mfg. 11/01) in my
shop (no S.M.). A power surge due to a storm (customer has a
surge protector) might have caused this problem?

The TV will turn on. There is around 27KV (measured) for the
CRT. There is vertical deflection and good sound, but just as the
picture begins to show (just barely), the TV turns off. Note: This
happens every time you turn on the TV.

Did you have one of these sets with the same symptom? What
caused it?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.