Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MultiMaster

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). Has anyone used one?

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 5:40*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 8:45*pm, BobK207 wrote:
On May 4, 5:40*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 7:40*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

A Multimaster, it sounds like a Popiel product, it cuts,it dices, it
fillets all the fish you catch !
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 5:48*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 4, 8:45*pm, BobK207 wrote:

On May 4, 5:40*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

I don't know if I'd buy one for full freight....I got mine for free &
my neighbor bought his used for a lot less than $400.

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do the same jobs for less total cost with other tools

full price is pretty spendy, as are the consumables........ but it
depends on the time saved, who benefits from it (or pays for it)
whether it's worth it.

In some situations a task that would take 1/2 of an hour or more can
be done easily in few minutes with the MM

can we do the same jobs for less total cost with other tools ?

depends on what is considered in the cost calc.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 7:36*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Steve wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:
I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

I used one that belonged to a client, and it
really did a quick job in a tough corner. It's
basically a vibrator that takes different heads.

It works well, but I think it's wildly overpriced.
I'd buy one if it was $125.

I saw the last 10 minutes of the Infomercial and
said to myself "If it's less than a hundred and a
half, I'll buy one".

It looks like a jewel for taking up old linoleum,
laying down flooring, and refinishing cabinets.
But $400, give me a break.

Dick

Dick-

Your OP stated

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster

(~$400). Has anyone used one?

you didn't ask for a cost / benefit comment

They work great, very useful in many unique situations, can make
amazingly accurate cuts (in practiced hands) Can cut plaster,
drywall, wood & metal.

Whether they're worth it or not depends on how often ( how many times
per year) you use it AND who gets the $'s associated with the time
saved.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). Has anyone used one?

Dick

Best tool, hands down. When you're in tight quarters it's
indispensible. Great for working on a boat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On May 4, 8:45 pm, BobK207 wrote:

On May 4, 5:40 pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

It's worth $400 to me, but you can get it for less. Try Coastal Tool.
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...#mu ltimaster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 5, 1:17*pm, Boden wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 4, 8:45 pm, BobK207 wrote:

On May 4, 5:40 pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

It's worth $400 to me, but you can get it for less. *Try Coastal Tool.http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...?L+coastes...- Hide quoted text -

Try PriceGrabber for pricing, including shipping costs, from various
vendors. Best price for "Top" kit appears to $368 with free shipping.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search.p...ster+&st=query
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 5, 1:17 pm, Boden wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On May 4, 8:45 pm, BobK207 wrote:

On May 4, 5:40 pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

It's worth $400 to me, but you can get it for less. Try Coastal Tool.http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...?L+coastes...- Hide quoted text -

Try PriceGrabber for pricing, including shipping costs, from various
vendors. Best price for "Top" kit appears to $368 with free shipping.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search.p...ster+&st=query

Looks good. The support and quick delivery I've received from Coastal
Tool puts them at the top of my list. Right up there with Rod Lee and
Lee Valley.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 7:56 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you have a need for such. Me, never needed one.

I used to think the same thing. Then I got one - I now feel like I've
wasted a lot of hours dicking around with almost/sorta tools instead
of the right tool for the job.

If you're looking to bring the price down, look at the older MSX
series which is running in clearance and closeout sales. It doesn't
have some of the features, but it's a lot cheaper. Buy a kit with a
lot of accessories - it's the cheapest way to get them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
If you have a need for such. Me, never needed one.

I used to think the same thing. *Then I got one - I now feel like I've
wasted a lot of hours dicking around with almost/sorta tools instead
of the right tool for the job.

If you're looking to bring the price down, look at the older MSX
series which is running in clearance and closeout sales. *It doesn't
have some of the features, but it's a lot cheaper. *Buy a kit with a
lot of accessories - it's the cheapest way to get them.

Buy a kit with a lot of accessories - it's the cheapest way to get
them.

I sort of agree, but I'm also picturing the 55 piece Dremel kit I
bought last year.

It came with lots of accessories, but many of them I may never use.
I'm still buying the ones I use all the time, while the extras just
sit in the case. Under normal circumstances I'd wonder if it wouldn't
have been more cost effective to buy the base model and put the extra
money towards the accessories I use most often.

I should explain why I say "under normal circumstances".

55 piece Dremel kit, including the engraver tool
Regularly $90, on sale for $80
$50 Lowes Gift Card from my kids
$20 Lowes card from merchandise returned months before
$5 Off card that I got in the mail from Lowes

Out of pocket cost: $5

Posted to alt.home.repair

T have some projects for which a MutiMaster
might be the right tool.
1. Refinishing cabinets,
2. Removing kinoleum and installing wood
flooring one room at a time.
3. Removing and replacing wall boards and
installing wall boards on conctete walls.
4. Knocking out a bathroom wall to extend it 18"
5. Building a new and larger stall in bathroom,
6. Tiling bathroom.

My question is which MultiMaster assessories
do it need and which do I not need?

Dick

Multimaster / Bosch (again) Colin Wilson UK diy 11 May 4th 08 01:14 PM
Multimaster Copy? The Medway Handyman UK diy 82 August 9th 07 08:10 PM
fein multimaster Renata Woodworking 14 September 21st 06 08:06 PM
Re fein multimaster srazor Woodworking 0 September 14th 06 04:15 PM
Fein Multimaster [email protected] UK diy 34 November 4th 05 04:34 AM