Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207[_2_] BobK207[_2_] is offline

Default MultiMaster

On May 4, 5:48*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 4, 8:45*pm, BobK207 wrote:

On May 4, 5:40*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

Dick

Yes, they're rather useful for all sorts of cutting or sanding.

But the wood/metal blades (the ones I use the most) are very pricey.

cheers
Bob

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do
the same jobs for less total cost with other tools?

I don't know if I'd buy one for full freight....I got mine for free &
my neighbor bought his used for a lot less than $400.

Is the tool worth the $400 plus the cost of consumables or can we do the same jobs for less total cost with other tools

full price is pretty spendy, as are the consumables........ but it
depends on the time saved, who benefits from it (or pays for it)
whether it's worth it.

In some situations a task that would take 1/2 of an hour or more can
be done easily in few minutes with the MM

can we do the same jobs for less total cost with other tools ?

depends on what is considered in the cost calc.

cheers
Bob