Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default MultiMaster

On May 7, 8:31*am, RicodJour wrote:
On May 6, 7:56 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
If you have a need for such. Me, never needed one.

I used to think the same thing. *Then I got one - I now feel like I've
wasted a lot of hours dicking around with almost/sorta tools instead
of the right tool for the job.

If you're looking to bring the price down, look at the older MSX
series which is running in clearance and closeout sales. *It doesn't
have some of the features, but it's a lot cheaper. *Buy a kit with a
lot of accessories - it's the cheapest way to get them.

Buy a kit with a lot of accessories - it's the cheapest way to get
them.

I sort of agree, but I'm also picturing the 55 piece Dremel kit I
bought last year.

It came with lots of accessories, but many of them I may never use.
I'm still buying the ones I use all the time, while the extras just
sit in the case. Under normal circumstances I'd wonder if it wouldn't
have been more cost effective to buy the base model and put the extra
money towards the accessories I use most often.

I should explain why I say "under normal circumstances".

55 piece Dremel kit, including the engraver tool
Regularly $90, on sale for $80
$50 Lowes Gift Card from my kids
$20 Lowes card from merchandise returned months before
$5 Off card that I got in the mail from Lowes

Out of pocket cost: $5