Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207[_2_] BobK207[_2_] is offline

Default MultiMaster

On May 4, 7:36*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Steve wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:
I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster
(~$400). *Has anyone used one?

I used one that belonged to a client, and it
really did a quick job in a tough corner. It's
basically a vibrator that takes different heads.

It works well, but I think it's wildly overpriced.
I'd buy one if it was $125.

I saw the last 10 minutes of the Infomercial and
said to myself "If it's less than a hundred and a
half, I'll buy one".

It looks like a jewel for taking up old linoleum,
laying down flooring, and refinishing cabinets.
But $400, give me a break.

Dick

Dick-

Your OP stated

I woke up today to an Infomercial for Multimaster

(~$400). Has anyone used one?

you didn't ask for a cost / benefit comment

They work great, very useful in many unique situations, can make
amazingly accurate cuts (in practiced hands) Can cut plaster,
drywall, wood & metal.

Whether they're worth it or not depends on how often ( how many times
per year) you use it AND who gets the $'s associated with the time
saved.

cheers
Bob