Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pellet boilers vs others

I have a 20 year old oil boiler for hot water and heat. It seems to be
running OK, but it is still 20 years old.

To be blunt, Osama wanted oil to be $100+ a barrel to fund terroism and here
we are at $100 per barrel. Don't want to fund terrorism and have these so
called Americans like the head of Exxon/Mobil getting a 1/2 billion dollar
for fulfilling Osama's every wish so I want to toss this terrorist funding
POS in the trash and support American or at least our Canadian buddies.

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jordan" wrote in message

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

I know a couple of people with pellet stoves and they like them. The most
savings comes by buying the pellets in large quantities for summer/fall
delivery. Saves oil, but the payback is fairly long from what I've seen. Be
sure to do the numbers before you jump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"Jordan" wrote in message

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a
good doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

I know a couple of people with pellet stoves and they like them. The most
savings comes by buying the pellets in large quantities for summer/fall
delivery. Saves oil, but the payback is fairly long from what I've seen.
Be sure to do the numbers before you jump.

Also, be aware that the quality of pellets, in terms of thermal putput,
varys widely. I'm not sure how you will determine the most efficient brand
other than word of mouth, but almost always the cheapest are the worst.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 20 year old oil boiler for hot water and heat. It seems to be
running OK, but it is still 20 years old.

To be blunt, Osama wanted oil to be $100+ a barrel to fund terroism and
here we are at $100 per barrel. Don't want to fund terrorism and have
these so called Americans like the head of Exxon/Mobil getting a 1/2
billion dollar for fulfilling Osama's every wish so I want to toss this
terrorist funding POS in the trash and support American or at least our
Canadian buddies.

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

Sounds like you are of the AlGorical mindset so I would suggest that you
just wait a couple years because you won't
NEED heat because global warming will chase the cold away. Save your money
for supporting the trusses of your
house. You will need it when those pieces of the sky start falling.....

wood pellet boilers [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 30th 07 04:12 PM
Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun? wayne mak Metalworking 21 April 17th 06 11:07 PM
Pellet stove Crossword Home Repair 162 October 3rd 05 02:05 AM
Pellet Stove Crossword Home Repair 0 September 22nd 05 09:54 PM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 09:33 PM