Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pellet boilers vs others

"Jordan" wrote in message

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

I know a couple of people with pellet stoves and they like them. The most
savings comes by buying the pellets in large quantities for summer/fall
delivery. Saves oil, but the payback is fairly long from what I've seen. Be
sure to do the numbers before you jump.