Posted to alt.home.repair
Jordan[_2_] Jordan[_2_] is offline

Default Pellet boilers vs others

I have a 20 year old oil boiler for hot water and heat. It seems to be
running OK, but it is still 20 years old.

To be blunt, Osama wanted oil to be $100+ a barrel to fund terroism and here
we are at $100 per barrel. Don't want to fund terrorism and have these so
called Americans like the head of Exxon/Mobil getting a 1/2 billion dollar
for fulfilling Osama's every wish so I want to toss this terrorist funding
POS in the trash and support American or at least our Canadian buddies.

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------