Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab Dr. Hardcrab is offline

Default Pellet boilers vs others

"Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 20 year old oil boiler for hot water and heat. It seems to be
running OK, but it is still 20 years old.

To be blunt, Osama wanted oil to be $100+ a barrel to fund terroism and
here we are at $100 per barrel. Don't want to fund terrorism and have
these so called Americans like the head of Exxon/Mobil getting a 1/2
billion dollar for fulfilling Osama's every wish so I want to toss this
terrorist funding POS in the trash and support American or at least our
Canadian buddies.

I was thinking of getting a pellet boiler but wanted to see if this is a
proven technology vs. Electric which is expensive. In my area it is at
least electric is US generated with coal and nuke. Also want to be a good
doobee and not kill a bunch of polar bears.

Opinions please---------

Sounds like you are of the AlGorical mindset so I would suggest that you
just wait a couple years because you won't
NEED heat because global warming will chase the cold away. Save your money
for supporting the trusses of your
house. You will need it when those pieces of the sky start falling.....