Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another Kudos to Lee Valley

Hiya Folks,
I purchased a number of tenon cutters from Lee Valley back in Nov. 2002.
Well for whatever reason, I never had a need for the 2" version until the
other night. As it turns out, it had a mfg defect in it which prevented it
from cutting smoothly. I shot Lee Valley a note just to let them know and
whether there was something I could do to fix it. I got an email today
saying they're sending me a new one. Great customer service!
Cheers,
cc

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 8:22*pm, "Cubby" wrote:
Hiya Folks,
I purchased a number of tenon cutters from Lee Valley back in Nov. 2002.
Well for whatever reason, I never had a need for the 2" version until the
other night. * As it turns out, it had a mfg defect in it which prevented it
from cutting smoothly. * I shot Lee Valley a note just to let them know and
whether there was something I could do to fix it. * I got an email today
saying they're sending me a new one. * Great customer service!
Cheers,

Great company to buy from. Stories like this are the norm, rather
than the exception, for Lee Valley.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I purchased a number of tenon cutters from Lee Valley back in Nov. 2002.
Well for whatever reason, I never had a need for the 2" version until the
other night. As it turns out, it had a mfg defect in it which prevented
it from cutting smoothly. I shot Lee Valley a note just to let them know
and whether there was something I could do to fix it. I got an email
today saying they're sending me a new one. Great customer service!

I recently needed to cancel a portion of an order. I called, but they were
closed. They said to leave a message, which I did.

Lo, and behold, the item in my order was correctly cancelled.

I am not accustomed to having messages actually listened to by a human.

I agree. It doesn't get much better.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:58:41 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

I recently needed to cancel a portion of an order. I called, but they were
closed. They said to leave a message, which I did.

Lo, and behold, the item in my order was correctly cancelled.

I am not accustomed to having messages actually listened to by a human.

I agree. It doesn't get much better.

Well, your experience with Lee Valley is the complete opposite of mine
with Kitchen Universe, which I strongly recommend that no one buy
anything from. I mistakenly ordered the wrong knife, and 10 minutes
after I got an order confirmation from them, when I realized the item
was wrong, I emailed them to cancel the order. Did they respond? No.
Nor did they answer the phone, where I left two messages. They went
right ahead and shipped this knife with the comforting message "once
the order has shipped, it cannot be canceled." I was furious and am
now battling this out through the credit card company (I sent back the
package unopened).
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
news
I purchased a number of tenon cutters from Lee Valley back in Nov. 2002.

I recieved a gift of a small set of their in-house screwdrivers, magnetic
tips and polished wood handles. My only complaint is that they are so
darned good looking, I rarely will use them for any practical purpose.