Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Another Kudos to Lee Valley

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:58:41 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

I recently needed to cancel a portion of an order. I called, but they were
closed. They said to leave a message, which I did.

Lo, and behold, the item in my order was correctly cancelled.

I am not accustomed to having messages actually listened to by a human.

I agree. It doesn't get much better.

Well, your experience with Lee Valley is the complete opposite of mine
with Kitchen Universe, which I strongly recommend that no one buy
anything from. I mistakenly ordered the wrong knife, and 10 minutes
after I got an order confirmation from them, when I realized the item
was wrong, I emailed them to cancel the order. Did they respond? No.
Nor did they answer the phone, where I left two messages. They went
right ahead and shipped this knife with the comforting message "once
the order has shipped, it cannot be canceled." I was furious and am
now battling this out through the credit card company (I sent back the
package unopened).