Default Kudos to Jet Tools

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with an
accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.) WMH Tool Group
(Jet) sent out a new casting but we found it wouldn't fit. There had
been a change in the casting recently and the parts did not
interchange. The Chinese manufacturer of the drill press denies any
casting change so Jet had an elegant solution. They refunded the modest
amount paid for the replacement casting, telling me to discard it, and
are sending my customer a completely new drill press. It does pay to do
business with a quality importer. Leigh@MarMachine

DeepDiver

wrote in message
ups.com...
They refunded the modest amount paid for the replacement casting,
telling me to discard it, and are sending my customer a
completely new drill press. It does pay to do business with
a quality importer.

Yes it does. (Yet some people still think that Jet charges more just for
their name plate and a nicer paint job.)

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with
an accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.)

I hope he's learned to bolt the base down to the floor from now on.

I've seen a lot of top-heavy machines free-standing on the floor. Always
makes me cringe, particularly large bench grinders/buffers mounted on the
top of un-secured pipe stands. Accidents waiting to happen.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , DeepDiver
wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
They refunded the modest amount paid for the replacement casting,
telling me to discard it, and are sending my customer a
completely new drill press. It does pay to do business with
a quality importer.

Yes it does. (Yet some people still think that Jet charges more just for
their name plate and a nicer paint job.)

They also write the manuals in the USA, so they are actually usable.

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with
an accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.)

I hope he's learned to bolt the base down to the floor from now on.

I've seen a lot of top-heavy machines free-standing on the floor. Always
makes me cringe, particularly large bench grinders/buffers mounted on the
top of un-secured pipe stands. Accidents waiting to happen.

Joe AutoDrill

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with an
accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.) WMH Tool Group
(Jet) sent out a new casting but we found it wouldn't fit. There had
been a change in the casting recently and the parts did not
interchange. The Chinese manufacturer of the drill press denies any
casting change so Jet had an elegant solution. They refunded the modest
amount paid for the replacement casting, telling me to discard it, and
are sending my customer a completely new drill press. It does pay to do
business with a quality importer. Leigh@MarMachine

Exactly the reason I shoot people to Jet and Delta over some of the other
importers when they can't afford or don't want Clausing, Ellis, etc.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013