DeepDiver

wrote in message
ups.com...
They refunded the modest amount paid for the replacement casting,
telling me to discard it, and are sending my customer a
completely new drill press. It does pay to do business with
a quality importer.

Yes it does. (Yet some people still think that Jet charges more just for
their name plate and a nicer paint job.)

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with
an accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.)

I hope he's learned to bolt the base down to the floor from now on.

I've seen a lot of top-heavy machines free-standing on the floor. Always
makes me cringe, particularly large bench grinders/buffers mounted on the
top of un-secured pipe stands. Accidents waiting to happen.