Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RG6 Coxial Cable Staplegun

I wish to acquire a good quality staple gun for home-size coaxial cable. I
have seen the pros using the type I am looking for. It's the one that
requires TWO strokes of the stapler comes to mind. I'm thinking of the type
of fastener where each leg of a "common" staple is set individually and, when
the stapler is withdrawn, there is a black, plastic piece over the staple and
cable. Is there a model name or type name for this critter? TIA.
--

JR

No project too small
All projects too big
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs wrote:

I wish to acquire a good quality staple gun for home-size coaxial cable. I
have seen the pros using the type I am looking for. It's the one that
requires TWO strokes of the stapler comes to mind. I'm thinking of the type
of fastener where each leg of a "common" staple is set individually and, when
the stapler is withdrawn, there is a black, plastic piece over the staple and
cable. Is there a model name or type name for this critter? TIA.
--

JR

No project too small
All projects too big

The Arrow T59 cable stapler works well. It only takes a single firing
though, and uses a "normal" one piece staple with a black plastic cable
fastener. I don't believe I've seen them at the big box stores, I got
mine at an electrical distributor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:

The Arrow T59 cable stapler works well. It only takes a single firing
though, and uses a "normal" one piece staple with a black plastic cable
fastener. I don't believe I've seen them at the big box stores, I got
mine at an electrical distributor.

Thanks, Pete (and others). That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Amazon has it for ~$40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8&coliid=I20ZY
S9MR20MEV&colid=3BIUHDH1Z4FNK

Apparently, this type of tool and/or staple is also used for stapling Cat5e
(and higher) to avoid crimping or otherwise damaging the cable. Thanks, again.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.arrowfastener.com/FMPro?-...=ET2025&-find=

Several sizes. Powerful enough to be a good tool. brads, flat and round
head staples. The stopper plate (optional usage) prevents the gun from
coming any closer to the wall when pushing it in- two settings, or without,
or other.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

DA had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...un-270416-.htm
:

Jim Redelfs wrote:

I wish to acquire a good quality staple gun for home-size coaxial cable.
have seen the pros using the type I am looking for. It's the one that
requires TWO strokes of the stapler comes to mind. I'm thinking of the
type
of fastener where each leg of a "common" staple is set
individually and, when
the stapler is withdrawn, there is a black, plastic piece over the
staple and
cable. Is there a model name or type name for this critter? TIA.

I don't have/operated a stapler you describe but I can imagine it is still
set with one stroke on both sides. Regardless, a coax cable is a pretty
rigid one and will withstand some degree of abuse and so in vast majority
of cases all you need is ANY stapler that can be loaded with arched
staples to avoid flattening the cable.

\//.
-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://thestuccocompany.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have used this one for years and it works great. It avoids any deformation
of the coax entirely, which is particularly desirable if you are using the
coax near or at its' high frequency limit. It is sold in a lot of Internet
sites and I bought mine with additional staples at Amazon.

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Arrow...59-Stapler.htm

Smarty

om...

Jim Redelfs wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs wrote:

I wish to acquire a good quality staple gun for home-size coaxial cable.
have seen the pros using the type I am looking for. It's the one that
requires TWO strokes of the stapler comes to mind. I'm thinking of the
type
of fastener where each leg of a "common" staple is set
individually and, when
the stapler is withdrawn, there is a black, plastic piece over the
staple and
cable. Is there a model name or type name for this critter? TIA.

I don't have/operated a stapler you describe but I can imagine it is still
set with one stroke on both sides. Regardless, a coax cable is a pretty
rigid one and will withstand some degree of abuse and so in vast majority
of cases all you need is ANY stapler that can be loaded with arched
staples to avoid flattening the cable.

I can't agree. It is really important not to use just ANY staple on any
cable carrying RF.