Posted to alt.home.repair
JTT JTT is offline

Default Cable TV and coax splitters - Hookup splitter to Digital Cable

I wish to take my present Digital Converter (without leasing
additional digital converters for each room) and split or run
additional cable to any room (now supplied by a splitter in the
attic) by some sort of A-B switch etc. I wish to be able to watch a
digital channel that's playing in the den when I get tired to watch
in my bedroom/computer room).

Presently, I have a signal to each room but only allows me to see up
to channel 73. I just thought that an A-B or something in the line
would give me additional choice of watching a station above 73 (even
though it is one channel to watch in the bedroom that I can't get on
the low-channels.

Is it possible, and if so, how will it be hooked up, any special
equipment or hookup? Please advise as to what procedures to make
this work.

thanks!

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 6
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 23 Aug 2007 20:23:12 GMT, JTT wrote:

I wish to take my present Digital Converter (without leasing
additional digital converters for each room) and split or run
additional cable to any room (now supplied by a splitter in the
attic) by some sort of A-B switch etc. I wish to be able to watch a
digital channel that's playing in the den when I get tired to watch
in my bedroom/computer room).

Presently, I have a signal to each room but only allows me to see up
to channel 73. I just thought that an A-B or something in the line
would give me additional choice of watching a station above 73 (even
though it is one channel to watch in the bedroom that I can't get on
the low-channels.

Is it possible, and if so, how will it be hooked up, any special
equipment or hookup? Please advise as to what procedures to make
this work.

thanks!

It sounds like what you want is similar to what I have (although I
have DirecTV rather than digital cable). In any room in the house, I
can watch any analog channel, or watch what the digital box is tuned
to on channel 90.

To set this up you need a modulator (not one of the cheap ch 3/4 ones
but a good versatile one like the one at
http://www.smarthome.com/7760.html ). Connect the modulator to the
output of the digital box, set it to a channel several channels above
anything cable uses, and combine it with cable (a combiner is just a
splitter that's turned around).

If you get interference, you may need to add a low pass filter (such
as http://www.smarthome.com/7822c.html) on the analog cable line (be
sure not to filter the signal to the digital box or a cable modem).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."

Is my coax cable bad? miamicuse Home Repair 10 April 17th 14 01:44 AM
Cable TV and coax splitters Brent Bolin Home Repair 37 August 5th 07 02:31 PM
Coax cable Grumps UK diy 10 June 13th 05 10:44 AM
extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM
For the Cable Guys: Coax cable Splitter Q. Michael Stoic Home Repair 6 January 25th 05 02:28 PM