Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default bathroom sink question

We have a home bathroom sink someone dropped something in. There are a
couple of small but distinct chip marks.

Anyone know what the guys who come in and smooth those over use?

If I do that, my wife may be able to paint it OK.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 26, 3:14 pm, "rb" wrote:
We have a home bathroom sink someone dropped something in. There are a
couple of small but distinct chip marks.

Anyone know what the guys who come in and smooth those over use?

If I do that, my wife may be able to paint it OK.

I recently fixed up a sink with a chip in it. There was some rust in
the basin as well, and I was able to cover this up as well. It took a
couple of coats for the chip, which was about the size of a penny.
It's been a few weeks, and the sink looks like new (10 years old). If
you get close you can see where the repair was made (not quite as
glossy as the rest of the sink), but it is virtually invisible under
normal circumstances. These were spot fixes...I did not paint the
entire sink or anything crazy like that.

The product I used was called Porc-a-fix, available at most of my
local supply stores (including Home Depot). They manufacture colours
to match common brands (American Standard, Crane, etc.)....although in
my case the AS 'white' was a closer match to my Crane basin than the
Crane 'white'. Instructions are included in the box...

http://www.vandykes.com/product/02019867/