Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No pressure in bathroom sink

Ok, I've just joined the group. I've got Major home repairs to start
and keep putting off.
First- The city, in it's infinite wisdom keeps digging up the street
in front of my house to make 'band aid' repairs on the main water
line. Ok, now, after they shut all of our water off to do this, the
water in my bathroom faucets is no longer there.???? This has happened
before, but, it comes on after half a day or so. This happened over a
Month ago. I've tried the turning off under the sink to see if the
pressure would build up,...Nope.
no pressure, no water. The other faucets in the house are fine. The
basement is referred to as 'the dungeon' for Good reason. I haven't
been down there to see if anything has burst, but...would it burst the
pipes after they turned the main line back on? HELP!!!!!!!!!!?????? kb

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, I've just joined the group. I've got Major home repairs to start
and keep putting off.
First- The city, in it's infinite wisdom keeps digging up the street
in front of my house to make 'band aid' repairs on the main water
line. Ok, now, after they shut all of our water off to do this, the
water in my bathroom faucets is no longer there.???? This has happened
before, but, it comes on after half a day or so. This happened over a
Month ago. I've tried the turning off under the sink to see if the
pressure would build up,...Nope.
no pressure, no water. The other faucets in the house are fine. The
basement is referred to as 'the dungeon' for Good reason. I haven't
been down there to see if anything has burst, but...would it burst the
pipes after they turned the main line back on? HELP!!!!!!!!!!?????? kb

Check the aerator on the faucet, first place that gums up after they fool
with the water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

yeah, what he said. I bet it's all full of rust flakes/gravelly
bits/whatever.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ups.com...

Check the aerator on the faucet, first place that gums up after they fool
with the water.

And the next two place to look if that does not solve the problem are in the
seats of a washerless faucet and the cutoff valve under the sink. After
removing the aerator if the problem persists try turning the cutoff on and
off since replacing the seats is tad more work.

Colbyt

clogged bathroom sink rob Home Repair 10 September 8th 06 05:39 AM
clogged bathroom sink rob Home Ownership 9 September 8th 06 05:39 AM
Copper bathroom sink [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 6th 06 11:37 PM
Ice in bathroom sink P-trap MPost Home Repair 12 January 21st 05 01:08 AM
Upstairs Sink Water Pressure Raymond J. Johnson Jr. Home Repair 5 November 28th 04 06:47 AM