Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Copper bathroom sink

Hi,

There are planty of copper bathroom sinks on the market. They look
pretty, but what are the protential drawbacks? Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, professorpaul
says...

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Or that copper-sulphate green-blue if the water is even slightly acidic ... (or
even neutral-testing water, in my observation..)

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Banty" wrote in message
In article . com,
professorpaul
says...

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Or that copper-sulphate green-blue if the water is even slightly acidic
... (or
even neutral-testing water, in my observation..)

Banty

These must have been popular in the 20's, my grandparents had one and so did
a few of their neighbors. They turned brown like a penny but had blue green
streak where the water dripped. A couple of times a year my grandmother
would polish it up untill it was nice and bright. When my grandparents moved
into a nursing home my mother wanted it and made a washstand out of it with
a big copper pitcher. I twas still usable then, dad built the stand with
room for a big enameled slop jar for uthe water to drain into. Most often I
would see it decorated with a big boguet of brown-eyed susans.

Replacing bathroom sink and hooking plumbing back up [email protected] Home Repair 5 April 30th 06 03:42 AM
Copper Sink Teamcasa Metalworking 3 September 15th 05 12:31 AM
Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
Ice in bathroom sink P-trap MPost Home Repair 12 January 21st 05 12:08 AM
Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 92 June 23rd 04 05:21 PM