DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Copper bathroom sink (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/171072-copper-bathroom-sink.html)

[email protected] August 1st 06 06:45 AM

Copper bathroom sink

Hi,

There are planty of copper bathroom sinks on the market. They look
pretty, but what are the protential drawbacks? Thanks!

Aaron Fude

professorpaul August 1st 06 01:36 PM

Copper bathroom sink

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Banty August 1st 06 04:01 PM

Copper bathroom sink

In article . com, professorpaul
says...

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Or that copper-sulphate green-blue if the water is even slightly acidic ... (or
even neutral-testing water, in my observation..)

Banty

Jimmie D August 6th 06 10:37 PM

Copper bathroom sink

"Banty" wrote in message
In article . com,
professorpaul
says...

Keeping them clean and polished is the problem. You will get a nice
patina -- brown, in the case of copper, which you may or may not like.
Should last forever..

Or that copper-sulphate green-blue if the water is even slightly acidic
... (or
even neutral-testing water, in my observation..)

Banty

These must have been popular in the 20's, my grandparents had one and so did
a few of their neighbors. They turned brown like a penny but had blue green
streak where the water dripped. A couple of times a year my grandmother
would polish it up untill it was nice and bright. When my grandparents moved
into a nursing home my mother wanted it and made a washstand out of it with
a big copper pitcher. I twas still usable then, dad built the stand with
room for a big enameled slop jar for uthe water to drain into. Most often I
would see it decorated with a big boguet of brown-eyed susans.