Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Undermount bathroom sink

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...&prodID=189 5

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for
undermount technique and results are fuzzy.
Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Thanks for any suggestions..
Perry

Posted to alt.home.repair

cajunpaisley wrote:

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...l.aspx?area=ba
th&cat=2&col=&prodID=1895

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for
undermount technique and results are fuzzy.

Clips screwed into the underside of the countertop.
___________

Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Huh? Are you asking how to install the sink or looking for
suggestions for the top?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 2:05 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
cajunpaisley wrote:

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...l.aspx?area=ba
th&cat=2&col=&prodID=1895

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for
undermount technique and results are fuzzy.

Clips screwed into the underside of the countertop.
___________

Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Huh? Are you asking how to install the sink or looking for
suggestions for the top?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Sorry, I should have written better post...installation will be
fairly
straightforward and I'm sure I won't have any trouble with that. I
guess
finish/trim recommendations are what I'm looking for..
Thanks.
Perry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 12:53 pm, cajunpaisley wrote:
On Oct 12, 2:05 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:

cajunpaisley wrote:

[...]

Perry- Hide quoted text -

There's not really any trim involved. You mount the sink to the
underside of a solid (i.e. same waterproof material all the way
through) countertop material that has an opening to match the sink.
Silestone is a durable, worry-free material for this.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 12, 1:21 pm, cajunpaisley wrote:
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...il.aspx?area=b...

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for
undermount technique and results are fuzzy.
Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Thanks for any suggestions..
Perry

Undermount sink edges are nasty hard to clean unsanitary eyesores.
Consider persuading SWMBO to go for a conventional and far better
looking top mount arrangment. But if this threatens your relationship,
then simply put the countertop face down, apply a slow cure 2 part
epoxy to the sink and place sink on the counter top, install clips if
supplied, and let the whole thing cure thoroughly. Install as a unit.
As you will note in the displays at various stores, no trim around the
sink rim is usually used, although it would improve the appearance a
lot if it were. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 2:21 pm, cajunpaisley wrote:
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...il.aspx?area=b...

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for
undermount technique and results are fuzzy.
Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Thanks for any suggestions..
Perry

I just finished installing a small round ceramic sink under a solid
surface material similar to Corian. The material works easily, and
sands and buffs to a high shine easily, and can be repaired.

Some caveats -making a backsplash with a curved transition between
horizontal counter and vertical backsplash is non-trivial, at least
for me. This material is normally 0.5 inches thick. You aren't
supposed to put the anchors for the clips into material that is less
than 1" thick. So plan to double the thickness of the counter around
the rim. No big deal, but it will lower the drain 0.5". I attached
mine with 100% GE silicone as per the recommendation, and then used
clips. So far, so good.

Rob