Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crease in nylon rug

We ordered a new nylon area rug and it arrived rolled up. Opening it, we
noticed a crease all the way across. Any suggestions how to remove the
crease?

We already tried using a towel on top with a steam iron on a low setting.
This worked on different rugs in the past, after we had used the other rugs
and put furniture on top. No luck with the new one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:22:44 -0600, MyVeryOwnSelf
wrote:

We ordered a new nylon area rug and it arrived rolled up. Opening it, we
noticed a crease all the way across. Any suggestions how to remove the
crease?

We already tried using a towel on top with a steam iron on a low setting.
This worked on different rugs in the past, after we had used the other rugs
and put furniture on top. No luck with the new one.

Ask the seller. You may have a defect in your new rug.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 7, 8:22 pm, MyVeryOwnSelf wrote:
We ordered a new nylon area rug and it arrived rolled up. Opening it, we
noticed a crease all the way across. Any suggestions how to remove the
crease?

We already tried using a towel on top with a steam iron on a low setting.
This worked on different rugs in the past, after we had used the other rugs
and put furniture on top. No luck with the new one.

This is the seller's problem, not yours. The rug is a) defective or b)
damaged. In either case, not acceptable. Refuse the payment on the
credit card, stop payment on the check, or (a miracle?) maybe the
seller will be ethical enough to send a replacement. Good luck.

Joe

Nylon bearings? donh Home Repair 11 October 14th 06 03:48 PM
Carpet Crease Problem Zean Smith Home Repair 5 March 16th 06 03:49 AM
What kind of grease for nylon/nylon and nylon/metal lubrication? Peter UK diy 7 July 7th 05 02:59 PM
Nylon Carpets andrewpreece UK diy 13 April 29th 05 09:45 PM
Can I dye nylon? Rich UK diy 6 February 8th 05 06:36 PM