Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I flushed my morals down the toilet

I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Sorry you voted Democrat. I'd suggest you start listening to Rush Limbaugh
and Sean Hannity as a start on your road to recovery.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 11:33 pm, wrote:
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Tha is what many have done. That is why the verse in The Book says,
"Many will be called, but few chosen." My advice would be to attend
the meetings in that building that usually has a steeple and bell in
it. Sit and listen to what advice the speaker says.. You might just
end up being chosen. God Bless!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 11:33 pm, wrote:
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Those were supposed to be taken to the recycling center, not flushed.

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:55:05 -0700, RickH
wrote:

On Oct 2, 11:33 pm, wrote:
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Those were supposed to be taken to the recycling center, not flushed.

They can be hard on septic systems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message

wrote in message
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Sorry you voted Democrat. I'd suggest you start listening to Rush Limbaugh
and Sean Hannity as a start on your road to recovery.

If you think those guys are moral, you are pretty sick.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:55:27 -0700, Bob F wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

wrote in message
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Sorry you voted Democrat. I'd suggest you start listening to Rush
Limbaugh and Sean Hannity as a start on your road to recovery.

If you think those guys are moral, you are pretty sick.

Bob

Bob, Its not you actually that I direct this post to. Its just the nature
of your post that I want to reply too.

This democrat/Republican hating is killing the country. But to understand
what is really going on you have to dig pretty deep and do your own
investigating. This is something that alot of Americans do not do. Instead
they blindly follow the news agencies and echo what they say. Let me
expand on this a bit.

My nephew is a very hard core liberal type. He is quite young just out of
High School and does alot of protesting and such. What amazes me is that
when confronted and asked serious questions about what he believes he
cannot answer them and takes it as a personal attack on him. Why? Because
he never did his homework. Of course, He never did it in school either. I
see this on talk shows and message forums all the time. It doesnt matter
what side you are on. Those that blindly follow cannot support their side
when one asks questions about it. Rather they get very upset and start
attacking the person that asks.

It is not enough to follow what some news agency says or what your
neighbor says down the street. You have to take it with a grain of salt
and do your homework. Its very hard these days as the news agencies are
very biased from one side or another. You also have to realize the
"Agenda" that the reporting source has.

Whether you support the Democratic agenda or the Republican agenda is not
so important as to why you support them. If all you can say in defense is
because "So and So got us into another vietnam" is not enough. What you
should do is always subject your party leaders to scrutiny and judge them.
The same goes for any news agency you get your information from.

We as Americans whether republican or democrat are only hurting ourselfs
when we blindly follow the media, Our candidates, or our friend down the
street. The next time someone asks why you support Hillary Clinton with
the Democratic party or George Bush and the Republican party you should be
able to respond "Im glad you asked, From what I have found out about them
is that they support this or that that I agree with and it shows thru
their actions here and there".

What you dont want to do is reply "Are you kidding?? Do you realize that
we are in this war for greed" or "I cannot believe you voted for that
person. Dont you realize they are killing this nation?".

As an American do your homework. Investigate their claims. Become
informed. Dont argue with your neighbor or another poster on a message
base. Just agree to disagree. When we can do this then the real problems
within our country will surface and we can act on them together as
Americans whether democratic or republican.

Have a good day Bob,

coffee

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

Posted to alt.home.repair

coffee wrote:
[...]

I commend for your consideration a slim volume entitled "The True Believer"
by Eric Hoffer. His thesis is that mass movements, whatever the espoused
causes, have characteristics in common that can be studied.

You can't read this book quickly because every paragraph you have to put
down the book, stroke your chin, and say: "Hmmmm."

1. People join mass movements to escape individual responsibility. They join
the movement first, then adopt the goals of the movement.

2. Membership in mass movements is interchangable. Whether Save-the-Whales,
Burn-the-Bra, End-The-War, Stop-Global-Warming, etc., the membership in
these groups, is, for the most part, identical.

3. A mass movement can exist without a God, but it will always fail without
a devil. A mass movement must have something to hate.

4. People mind their own business when it's worth minding. When it's not,
they take their mind off their own meaningless affairs by minding other
people's business.

5. Logic is not the driving force of mass movements; emotion is.

Anyway, buy the book. If you don't like it, if the thoughts don't give you a
whole new way of looking at some organizations (and perhaps your nephew),
*I* will give you your money back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
wrote in message
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Sorry you voted Democrat. I'd suggest you start listening to Rush Limbaugh
and Sean Hannity as a start on your road to recovery.

Steve

Only as something of a balancing mechanism. They do offer many valid
points but unfortunately they are full bore right wing no moderation
guys. Both would be quite happy to return us to the days of the mid
1800s when a few wealthy families (Morgan, Vanderbuilt,Rockefeller etc)
controlled everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Oct 4, 9:25?am, "HeyBub" wrote:
coffee wrote:
[...]

*I* will give you your money back.- Hide quoted text -

This is half sense, and half nonsense. All very well to make ad
hominem attack against those you disagree with- I see you don't
include any right leaning groups- it lets you avoid any of the issues
they raise- which I think is what Hoffer was up to as well. Anyone
who has ever been in or around any such organisations knows there is
truth to what you say- there are tribalistic aspects to them- hey,
guess what, tribalism infects most of what humans do- but
organisations like these have in the past and do now accomplish many
things- agree or disagree with their objectives, and by all means
criticise such groupy aspects as you specifically see in particular
groups, but it seems invalid to make such a blanket condemnation as
you do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:21:37 -0700, Jack wrote:

On Oct 2, 11:33 pm, wrote:
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

No need.....

Submit proof to the Bush Administration,
and they'll probably give you a job !

rj
Posted to alt.home.repair

news

"SteveB" wrote in message

wrote in message
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

Sorry you voted Democrat. I'd suggest you start listening to Rush
Limbaugh and Sean Hannity as a start on your road to recovery.

If you think those guys are moral, you are pretty sick.

Bob

Bob, Its not you actually that I direct this post to. Its just the nature
of your post that I want to reply too.

This democrat/Republican hating is killing the country. But to understand
what is really going on you have to dig pretty deep and do your own
investigating. This is something that alot of Americans do not do. Instead
they blindly follow the news agencies and echo what they say. Let me
expand on this a bit.

Limbaugh and Hannity are both hate merchants. They preach hate for anyone who
disagrees with them, without any reasonable consideration. They lie frequently.
To me, that is not morality. You could also take a look at how they live their
lives. Not exactly what I would call moral, at least in Limbaughs case.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 11:33 pm, wrote:
I flushed my morals down the toilet.
How do I get them back? Is there a special tool?

No need.....

Submit proof to the Bush Administration,
and they'll probably give you a job !

Or a presidential medal.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I flushed my morays down the toilet

I flushed my morays down the toilet (they were the social kind).
Is this something that will come back to bite me in the ass?

PB
Posted to alt.home.repair

coffee wrote:

[...]

Thank you Jim. Its nice to get an "Atta Boy" when posting something worth
reading.

I do find it interesting looking at the ways that some people think. But
the one thing that stands out the most is that those that attack people
and dont back it up are usually in the wrong and basically going on
feelings not true fact.

To me, Providing a viewpoint on something or someone pretty much also
consist of proof or examples anyways. You really wont see that from posts
from people like this "Bob" that is trying to argue this thread.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence and take care,

coffee