Posted to alt.home.repair
CJ

Default Accidently flushed underwear down toilet

For you plumbing diy'ers: I have an absolutely serious question.

My mother accidently flushed some panties down the toilet. She has used
several 5 gallon buckets of water to flush them through. Is there a danger
of backup? I have a pipe snake that I use for my toilets if the plunger
doesn't work.

Should I use this as a safety precaution or wait and see?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

I would just wait and see, unless of course the toilet is not flushing
normally. Once the panties clear the toilet itself they have a good 4" of
pipe to fit through and unless there is build up on the walls of this main
pipe there really shouldn't be a problem.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:50:33 -0600, "CJ"
wrote:

For you plumbing diy'ers: I have an absolutely serious question.

My mother accidently flushed some panties down the toilet. She has used
several 5 gallon buckets of water to flush them through. Is there a danger
of backup? I have a pipe snake that I use for my toilets if the plunger
doesn't work.

Should I use this as a safety precaution or wait and see?

Not much you can do about it anyway. It will either back up,
or it won't. If it does, then find the clog and clear it.

It's pretty much the same thing you'd do now, if you were
trying to be pre-emptive.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

CJ wrote:

For you plumbing diy'ers: I have an absolutely serious question.

My mother accidently flushed some panties down the toilet. She has used
several 5 gallon buckets of water to flush them through. Is there a danger
of backup? I have a pipe snake that I use for my toilets if the plunger
doesn't work.

Should I use this as a safety precaution or wait and see?

That prolly depends on what size panties your mother wears, but I won't
go there. G

I'll go along with what the others have said, if it ain't broke yet,
don't fix it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ruyi

it have happened a few times but so far so good. no clogs

Posted to alt.home.repair

run lots of water on all faucets and flush repeatedly to help move it
along. with any luck it will be a fiunny future discussion

Posted to alt.home.repair

thats kinda kinky

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Reminds me of the time my buddy was cleaning out a septic well and his
coat fell in. He was trying to fish it out and I told him to leave it
alone. The coat was ruined anyway. But he insisted on retrieving it,
because his lunch was in the pocket.

Lena

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

spartacus wrote:
I think the panty pervert flushed them on purpose.

Blame the underpants gnomes.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

Toilet drain runs 15 feet... Bob Home Repair 21 March 1st 06 06:06 PM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
Flushed A Cap down Toilet GALIER Home Repair 15 April 14th 05 01:49 PM
recovering item flushed down toilet? Tom Home Repair 5 February 23rd 05 04:12 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM