Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kerosene heaters

Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the smaller
10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht their
thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find in the
states.
Thanks for any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

expensive.smelly heat , thats what i know about it

"thehip" wrote:
Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant keroseneeheaters

available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convectionoheater for
years and it works very well. I was wondering if the smaller o10000 BTU heater
is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht their thoughts are.
Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find in the estates.iThanks for
any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:58:50 GMT, "thehip"
wrote:

Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the smaller
10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht their
thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find in the
states.
Thanks for any info.

They are illegal in many areas due to the dangers of fire and
asphyxiation. I keep one on hand just for emergencies, but would not
use it on a regular basis in my home.

Plus, with kerosene costing around $3.00 per gallon, and a one gallon
fill lasting about 12 hours, I doubt there's much of a savings over an
electric space heater when heating one room. I believe it's not worth
the risk.

If you use one, be sure to keep the door open and a window cracked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"thehip" wrote in

Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the
smaller 10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht
their thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find
in the states.
Thanks for any info.

The 10k ones are great for a small apt or concentrating heat in one area
of a larger place. If you run a heat pump that struggles on unusually
cold nights it can put an end to that.

The thing that is really good about them is the tank pulls out completely
to refill. Not recommended to do this while it's burning. An oddball
happening could be complete disaster. Guess my number hadn't come up.
Stupid, I know.

Tanks are 1 gal and burn about 12 hrs.

Being a previous user, you may know pets absolutely love 'em, the wick
height has to be left all the way up at all times and you need to burn it
off as soon as anything starts to crisp up on the wick or you'll start to
get an oder.

Kero is getting expensive though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
[...]

Another thing to do is check your clothes closets regularly. You can't see
it but if you're not careful you will have a closet full of soot for
clothes.

--
JC from Gnat Flats

Posted to alt.home.repair

thehip wrote:
Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the smaller
10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht their
thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find in the
states.
Thanks for any info.

They were a fad around here in the past. I don't think I know anyone who
uses them now. I always remember people telling you that you can't smell
them and their house stunk and your eyes would be watering. I guess it
is a similar effect with smokers. They don't smell anything either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the smaller
10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht their
thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find in the
states.
Thanks for any info.

Kerosene heaters can be dangerous (ask your local FD). I recommend a
couple carbon monoxide (and smoke) detectors that may save your life.
Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"The Freon Cowboy" wrote in message
m...
expensive.smelly heat , thats what i know about it

Not to mention, CO

kerosene heater Bonnie Home Repair 10 April 29th 05 03:58 AM
What do YOU use kerosene for? Bob in Oregon Woodworking 115 March 14th 05 10:32 AM
Generator on kerosene Stormin Mormon Home Repair 49 March 13th 05 05:14 AM
Any kerosene heaters that burn dirty I should avoid buying? misterfact Home Repair 10 October 20th 04 11:01 PM
OT : Kerosene space heaters habbi Metalworking 13 January 7th 04 01:38 AM