Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default kerosene heaters

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"thehip" wrote in
news:u4eMi.29628$jC5.25342@trnddc04:

Hello all, Does anyone have any experience with the radiant kerosene
heaters available at Loews? I have had the larger 23000 BTU convection
heater for years and it works very well. I was wondering if the
smaller 10000
BTU heater is good for a smaller room or if any one has one and waht
their thoughts are. Other kerosene heaters are getting harder to find
in the states.
Thanks for any info.

The 10k ones are great for a small apt or concentrating heat in one area
of a larger place. If you run a heat pump that struggles on unusually
cold nights it can put an end to that.

The thing that is really good about them is the tank pulls out completely
to refill. Not recommended to do this while it's burning. An oddball
happening could be complete disaster. Guess my number hadn't come up.
Stupid, I know.

Tanks are 1 gal and burn about 12 hrs.

Being a previous user, you may know pets absolutely love 'em, the wick
height has to be left all the way up at all times and you need to burn it
off as soon as anything starts to crisp up on the wick or you'll start to
get an oder.

Kero is getting expensive though.

Another thing to do is check your clothes closets regularly. You can't see
it but if you're not careful you will have a closet full of soot for
clothes.

--
JC from Gnat Flats