Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mounting faucet to porcelain sink-Use putty/caulk/silicone?

Hey all,
I have a question about my bathroom faucet. This is a relatively new
sink/faucet and I had my contractor install it about 2 months ago. He
used some plumber's putty between the bottom of the faucet (which is a
clear rubber) and the top of the sink (which is porcelain). Now I
don't know if plumber's putty is supposed to act as an adhesive or
not, but I noticed that the faucet isn't really *attached* to the sink
at all anymore and now when you turn on the faucet it rocks back and
forth and even lifts up about an inch or so off the sink. The
faucet's pipes obviously are attached to the plumbing under the sink.
Do I just add some more plumber's putty? From what I've read that
stuff isn't really used as an adhesive.
I've been reading up on it a little bit and some people suggested
"mounting" the faucet with silicon.....but I was wondering if/how well
that would adhere the rubber faucet base to the porcelain sink. Or is
caulk the way to go?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Lisa

silicone caulk Patt Home Repair 3 June 26th 06 03:26 PM
silicone caulk MKnott Home Repair 1 November 23rd 05 12:32 AM
SS Sink Basket? Putty or Silicone? GoHabsGo Home Repair 6 November 15th 05 06:38 PM
What is silicone caulk made out of? PipeDown Home Repair 1 June 14th 05 07:14 AM
Removing silicone caulk Roger Home Repair 2 September 27th 04 02:58 PM