Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing machine filling and rinsing with the wrong temperature

I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is about 6 years old. It came with
our house when we bought it. As of yesterday, it is filling with hot
water on any cycle that calls for cold water and vice versa. The hoses
have not been touched and I know it was working right previously. I
thought about just swapping the hot and cold hoses, but this must be
indiciative of a problem. Has anyone ever heard of this happening ?
Perhaps a bad circuit board ($$$) ? I searched but could find nothing
that matches this scenario.
Thanks in advance !

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to :
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is about 6 years old. It came with
our house when we bought it. As of yesterday, it is filling with hot
water on any cycle that calls for cold water and vice versa. The hoses
have not been touched and I know it was working right previously. I
thought about just swapping the hot and cold hoses, but this must be
indiciative of a problem. Has anyone ever heard of this happening ?
Perhaps a bad circuit board ($$$) ? I searched but could find nothing
that matches this scenario.

It seems unusual that they might be operating in reverse. I'd
pull the washer out and check that the hoses are connected the
right way around first, even tho you're sure it hasn't been
touched.
--
Chris Lewis,

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I had a new washer installed they reversed the hot and cold
hoses-- even though in my house like in most houses the cold was on
the right.

I think it's entirely possible that for years nobody noticed.

Switch 'em and see. Much more likely that they're switched than that
something's broken in the machine to cause it to draw from the wrong
one on each cycle.

Shaun Eli
http://www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 6:48 pm, trainfan1 wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, wrote:
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is about 6 years old. It came with
our house when we bought it. As of yesterday, it is filling with hot
water on any cycle that calls for cold water and vice versa. The hoses
have not been touched and I know it was working right previously.

I'll bet that if you check with the other members of your household, you'll
discover that somebody disconnected the hoses to move the washer to clean
behind it, or retrieve a dropped article, or something like that.

Bingo.

Kids hiding their stash.

Rob

Sorry, but it must be something else going on. I checked the lines and
they have not been touched. The machine is in a spot that makes it
very hard to move and/or get at the lines. It is the most bizarre
thing. I guess I will have to have someone come out. Thanks to all who
have responded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 27, 6:48 pm, trainfan1 wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:
[...]

The question should not be whether they have been touched, but whether they are
connected correctly.

Bob