Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] daninnh1@gmail.com is offline

Default Washing machine filling and rinsing with the wrong temperature

On Jul 27, 6:48 pm, trainfan1 wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, wrote:
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is about 6 years old. It came with
our house when we bought it. As of yesterday, it is filling with hot
water on any cycle that calls for cold water and vice versa. The hoses
have not been touched and I know it was working right previously.

I'll bet that if you check with the other members of your household, you'll
discover that somebody disconnected the hoses to move the washer to clean
behind it, or retrieve a dropped article, or something like that.

Bingo.

Kids hiding their stash.

Rob

Sorry, but it must be something else going on. I checked the lines and
they have not been touched. The machine is in a spot that makes it
very hard to move and/or get at the lines. It is the most bizarre
thing. I guess I will have to have someone come out. Thanks to all who
have responded.