Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Washing machine filling and rinsing with the wrong temperature

In article .com, wrote:

Sorry, but it must be something else going on. I checked the lines and
they have not been touched. The machine is in a spot that makes it
very hard to move and/or get at the lines. It is the most bizarre
thing. I guess I will have to have someone come out. Thanks to all who
have responded.

Have you at least checked to see if they're connected correctly? The inlets on
the washer are labelled to show which is hot and which is cold; check to make
sure that the hoses are connected to the proper pipes.

If you call a repairman without checking first, my prediction is that you're
going to pay a $100 service call to have the guy tell you the hoses are
hooked up backward. It is *far* more likely that they've been wrong for years,
and you never noticed until yesterday, than it is that the controls have
failed in such a way that their operation is reversed and everything else
works normally. I'm not saying that's impossible, just very, very unlikely in
comparison. At least check which hose goes where, before you call a service
tech.

--
Regards,