Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Can anyone ID these items (patio door something?)

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Jul 20, 1:03 pm, Ignoramus7848
wrote:
Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

First one looks like a set of sliding door edge pulls for a pair of
doors, probably with a locking mechanism.
Second one is a patio door lock. You step on it and it binds against
the door track. On some doors this can be problematic.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:03:30 -0500, Ignoramus7848
wrote:

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

Look like patio door locks?

Just a guess....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In misc.consumers.house Ignoramus7848 wrote:
Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

Those are latches for a double swinging door without center post.
They mount into the edge of the door and the metal "tounges"
flip to move rods up and down into ceiling and floor either
latching or unlatching the "fixed" side of a double door.

The warehouse in the building where I work has 3 sets of
doors with those types on latch on one side.

The other thing is a push down rubber foot to hold said door open.
It mounts low on the door surface.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Jul 20, 2:06 pm, wrote:
In misc.consumers.house Ignoramus7848 wrote:

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.
What is this stuff?
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

Those are latches for a double swinging door without center post.
They mount into the edge of the door and the metal "tounges"
flip to move rods up and down into ceiling and floor either
latching or unlatching the "fixed" side of a double door.

The warehouse in the building where I work has 3 sets of
doors with those types on latch on one side.

The other thing is a push down rubber foot to hold said door open.
It mounts low on the door surface.

I stand corrected. I neglected the extension rods in the box on the
first one, and the first one would suggest the second. Never saw one
of the second ones before. Good call.

How Do I Straighten a Patio Door? terry Home Repair 0 May 17th 07 08:46 AM
PATIO DOOR [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 21st 07 02:38 AM
Patio Door Bill85367 Home Repair 5 January 5th 07 10:31 PM
Widening a patio door -- current door is an odd size [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 28th 06 05:24 PM
How much-new patio door ? tarquinlinbin UK diy 3 May 29th 05 08:44 AM