DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can anyone ID these items (patio door something?) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/207658-can-anyone-id-these-items-patio-door-something.html)

Ignoramus7848 July 20th 07 06:03 PM

Can anyone ID these items (patio door something?)

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

thanks

RicodJour July 20th 07 06:17 PM

Can anyone ID these items (patio door something?)

On Jul 20, 1:03 pm, Ignoramus7848
wrote:
Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

First one looks like a set of sliding door edge pulls for a pair of
doors, probably with a locking mechanism.
Second one is a patio door lock. You step on it and it binds against
the door track. On some doors this can be problematic.

Just Joshin July 20th 07 06:54 PM

Can anyone ID these items (patio door something?)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:03:30 -0500, Ignoramus7848
wrote:

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

Look like patio door locks?

Just a guess....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

[email protected] July 20th 07 07:06 PM

In misc.consumers.house Ignoramus7848 wrote:
Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.

What is this stuff?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

Those are latches for a double swinging door without center post.
They mount into the edge of the door and the metal "tounges"
flip to move rods up and down into ceiling and floor either
latching or unlatching the "fixed" side of a double door.

The warehouse in the building where I work has 3 sets of
doors with those types on latch on one side.

The other thing is a push down rubber foot to hold said door open.
It mounts low on the door surface.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

RicodJour July 20th 07 07:42 PM

On Jul 20, 2:06 pm, wrote:
In misc.consumers.house Ignoramus7848 wrote:

Bought them in a bucket at a garage sale, but wonder if I can use them
in my house.
What is this stuff?
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardware-Items/

Those are latches for a double swinging door without center post.
They mount into the edge of the door and the metal "tounges"
flip to move rods up and down into ceiling and floor either
latching or unlatching the "fixed" side of a double door.

The warehouse in the building where I work has 3 sets of
doors with those types on latch on one side.

The other thing is a push down rubber foot to hold said door open.
It mounts low on the door surface.

I stand corrected. I neglected the extension rods in the box on the
first one, and the first one would suggest the second. Never saw one
of the second ones before. Good call.