Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PATIO DOOR

I am renovating my screened in patio. The foundation is slab concrete.
I want to install a patio door where there is now wood framed screen
windows. I know how to frame it. My question is in regards to the
floor. Can I install the door directly onto the concrete slab? Should
I put a subfloor under it? How could I secure the sill to the concrete
slab? Thanks for the help....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Consider french doors, which will come with an aluminum sill plate
which does not have to be anchored. Sliding patio doors suck in my
opinion.

If you have to anchor to the concrete, no problem, just make sure
there are pre-drilled holes in the bottom framing, set your door, shim
it and all that, then drill the concrete with a hammer drill 1/4"
carbide masonry bit, pound in plastic anchors and screw in flat head
screws.

Patio Door Bill85367 Home Repair 5 January 5th 07 10:31 PM
Sliding patio door tolbiny Home Repair 0 October 16th 06 11:52 PM
Widening a patio door -- current door is an odd size [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 28th 06 05:24 PM
How much-new patio door ? tarquinlinbin UK diy 3 May 29th 05 08:44 AM
Patio door stop? stuart noble UK diy 2 July 18th 04 10:17 PM