Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default PATIO DOOR

On 20 Feb 2007 10:09:52 -0800, wrote:

I am renovating my screened in patio. The foundation is slab concrete.
I want to install a patio door where there is now wood framed screen
windows. I know how to frame it. My question is in regards to the
floor. Can I install the door directly onto the concrete slab? Should
I put a subfloor under it? How could I secure the sill to the concrete
slab? Thanks for the help....

I lay a couple of "large" beads of silicone "after" the area is
cleaned and I pre-test the door and know it will fit. Carefully set
the jamb in and not disturb the silicone. The instructions coming
with the door will explain what is actually required in your case.

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison