Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Do I Straighten a Patio Door?

On May 17, 1:46 am, jim evans wrote:
I just discovered one of my four patio doors is not level/vertical. I
don't think it's been that way all along but I'm not sure. It
tips/tilts back 3/8" inch from bottom to top. See this illustration:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2382/graphic1xx7.gif

The frame and other panel seem to be straight -- it's the moving door
that's crooked.

The question is how do you straighten these doors?

-- jim

Our rather heavy patio doors slide open on wheels in the bottom of
each door. The wheels run on tracks at bottom of the doorframe.
Maybe yours are the same and wheels (or tracks) have deteriorated?
Even when wheels in good condition doors may have to be adjusted to
sit and slide level.
It was quite an interesting job to rebuild our wheels and their
mountings, after some 35 years, requiring a little bit of metal
working skill. Although have seen 'kits' in a local building supply
house.
Any help?

How Do I Straighten a Patio Door? mm Home Repair 1 May 18th 07 01:43 AM
PATIO DOOR [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 21st 07 02:38 AM
Patio Door Bill85367 Home Repair 5 January 5th 07 10:31 PM
Widening a patio door -- current door is an odd size [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 28th 06 05:24 PM
How much-new patio door ? tarquinlinbin UK diy 3 May 29th 05 08:44 AM