Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default How Do I Straighten a Patio Door?

On May 17, 1:46 am, jim evans wrote:
I just discovered one of my four patio doors is not level/vertical. I
don't think it's been that way all along but I'm not sure. It
tips/tilts back 3/8" inch from bottom to top. See this illustration:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2382/graphic1xx7.gif

The frame and other panel seem to be straight -- it's the moving door
that's crooked.

The question is how do you straighten these doors?

-- jim

Our rather heavy patio doors slide open on wheels in the bottom of
each door. The wheels run on tracks at bottom of the doorframe.
Maybe yours are the same and wheels (or tracks) have deteriorated?
Even when wheels in good condition doors may have to be adjusted to
sit and slide level.
It was quite an interesting job to rebuild our wheels and their
mountings, after some 35 years, requiring a little bit of metal
working skill. Although have seen 'kits' in a local building supply
house.
Any help?